Thursday, May 10, 2007

For those of you keeping score at home...

I did indeed get the dream job I've waited ten years for. (Yes, I know my participle is dangling. That's just the kind of rebel I am.) My first day was Monday and I don't think I've stopped yet. But I firmly believe everyone should have a job where you are stressed out, frazzled, overworked, underpaid and at the end of the day, you flop onto the couch and think "That was fun. I hope I get to do it again tomorrow."

Despite the fear of sounding too Ethel Mermany, everything's coming up roses!

3 comments:

bradi said...

If everything is coming up roses AND sounding like Ethel Merman, then breathe a sigh of relief. It's how it should be. The voices in our heads should be familiar and not let us sleep or else they're virtually useless, right?

pygalgia said...

Rock on, Grrrl.

Anonymous said...

My job is, quite literally, someone else's dream job. He tells me all the time just how lucky I am, and he's mostly right. It's not what I want to be doing and I'm not always sure that it's what I should be doing, but it's something that I'm good at, pays the bills and is mostly quite fun.

I don't envy many people, truly, but maybe just a teensy bit I envy you. Congratulations, dear!