Friday, May 25, 2007

I ate what?




Snails. I ate snails. Boyfriend took me to a fancy schmancy dinner that cost a quarter of my rent to celebrate my new job. And nothing screams congratulations like dead mollusks.

I ate two. One shows you're doing it just to do it. Two shows commitment. Snails are very chewy which gives you that much more time to realize you have a snail in your mouth.

The rest of the meal was excellent. The bottle of wine cost the same as my car payment and when I mentioned this to my mother, she asked "And was it really any better?" Damn straight, woman! It was so good it made me steal Boyfriend's camera and take several pictures of my feet. Sure sign of good wine.

5 comments:

bradi said...

MMMMMM! Snails! What a wonderful way to say, "Congratulations!" Now eat the dead garden pest. But at least you get to wash it down with expensive wine. "Here eat this dead garden pest and wash it down with Boone's Strawberry Hill." That would be worse!

SweaterMan said...

I have those pictures of your feet, and all I can say is I wish I had a foot fetish.

Sadly, I'm fixated on other luscious parts of you....

SweaterMan said...

Plus, Braids, I've also made her eat sushi.

Yes, sushi.

Girl had sea urchin the other day. I'm so proud.

Five years from now, octopus & squid. Char-broiled off the grill. Lemon and ouzo backs.

I might even get to have her choose her own lobster some day. :-)

Pollywog said...

Sweaterman, dream on. Octopus, I've had. Squid, sure. But someday, I might free my own lobster. Or the whole tank.

Anonymous said...

I've had the snails myself. Your description is perfect. I want a new job and a fancy schmancy dinner, damn it!