Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Kill me, kill me now.

I just turned in my last paper for my summer course. Ethics of Librarian Professionals. Egads.

My question is this...what the $@#* was I thinking going back to school? Do y'all remember school? Grades, people, grades. I'm being graded!

The pressure is incredible. How did I do this before? How is it that I have an undergraduate degree? Did I just not care? Granted, I wasn't working full time last time. Granted, I was young and stupid. Granted, there were dorms and beer and crazy antics. That may have helped. (There is still beer. I'm sitting in a bar right now.)

So I just wanted to inform my blogging pals.... you know that scene from Real Genius where the kid is studying and stands up and screams then screams some more and then screams again and runs from the room and everyone else briefly looks up and someone takes his seat? I feel like that 24/7.

2 more days until vacation. Breath.

4 comments:

pygalgia said...

Breath, girl. You'll be fine.

bradi said...

Librarians have ethics? When did that start? I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. There are colors, right? I have vague memories of school. It seemed great while I was there with the beer and the crazy antics and the, what were those other things?

Anonymous said...

I contemplated gpoing back to school for 18 seconds on Monday... Just 18. That was enough.

Vanessa

Welby said...

I remember that scene. People used to swear that I was the kid who played "Mitch" in that movie.