Friday, October 19, 2007

Worm update.....



So two of the three tobacco hornworms have gone underground to pupate. So I thought I was left with one who has been eating and eating and eating. Going underground any minute now. Remember, though, that these worms came from a coworker and with the worm, she brought a large Rubbermaid bin of tomato plant cuttings which have been the worm's source of food for the past two weeks. I've been pulling wilted cuttings out of the worm tank and putting fresh ones in. What I didn't know was that the fresh ones apparently had eggs on them. That's right. I've got two new baby worms. Damn. Did I mention I hate caterpillars?




Anyway, the one who is about to pupate looks like this....






















The baby looks like this........

So, you can see I will need a few more leaves. Damn.

1 comment:

bradi said...

That happened to a friend but with walking stick insects. She ended up with hundreds of them! You're going to be the caterpillar lady!