Thursday, April 19, 2007

Night Terrors

Had a job interview yesterday that, to put a fine point on it, determined whether or not I wasted the last ten years of my life. That's how long I've been working part-time with no benefits waiting for my dream job to come up.

I have no idea how the interview went and won't for two more weeks but I will tell you this. When I went to sleep last night, I dreamt my phone rang and when I answered it, the woman who will reveal the outcome of the interview, Gail, was on the other end. She said "We regret to inform you...." so I hung up on her. I tried to walk out my door and there she was saying, "to inform you that you.."and I slammed the door. Then I raised the blinds on the window and there she was saying, "that you have unfortunately not..."and I lowered the blinds. Everywhere I went, there she was. In the microwave, in the refrigerator, in the closet. I woke up with my heart pounding.

Then I went back to sleep and when I got up in the morning, I couldn't move. Had pulled, from what I can tell from Gray's Anatomy, my Serratus Posterior Inferior muscle in my back. Don't know if it's the result of stress or if I was running in my sleep.

I will be soooooo glad when this is over. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I hope you get it. If you don't, let Gail know I'll cut a bitch.

pygalgia said...

Hey, go to www.giantmicrobes.com for some further terror.