Sunday, April 29, 2007

The perfect weekend.

Ever have one of those perfect spring weekends? Well, I'm wrapping mine up right now.

I woke up early on Saturday and after walking over to work to take care of a few things, I strolled over to Boyfriend's house. We decided we would head downtown to the new creperie for breakfast. We were walking down the street past our friend, Con Man's house when he stuck his head at the window and said he'd be right down because like it or not, he was coming with us. But that's okay because we did like it.

The creperie was not open yet, damn them, so it was off to Martan's. Best spicy mexican hangover breakfast ever which was good for Con Man was indeed sporting a headache. We did a little shopping, I ran into Matt Hall, author/singer/cartoonist/nicest guy ever, and he handed me a bundle of freshly-picked beets from fellow singer, Chuck Cheeseman. Home to put the beets in the fridge and then the three of us went and laid in the grass in a park. This is where we lamented the fact we didn't have any white wine but wrote the poem entitled "In the park on Saturday drunk on white without our shoes."

Then I had to go to work but only for two hours and when I returned, Boyfriend and Con Man were in the same damn spot, sound asleep. I thought they had been there the whole time but they had actually gone to get a beer and come back. I rather pointedly stated that I was now indeed a beer behind. So off to the patio at FBC where we spent the rest of the afternoon drinking beer and philosophizing.

Evening. We all headed off to our respective abodes where we put on warmer clothing then back to the creperie for dinner. I was crazy and got a dessert crepe for dinner. It was just that sort of day. Then, and here is the part I consider the best, we went to the Orpheum to drink beer and watch the quintessential 80's movie, Caddyshack. Did I mention how much I love movie venues that have a bar? Boyfriend, Con Man and I commerated the event by standing on our chairs and doing the gopher dance to Kenny Loggins at the closing credits. There was applause for our efforts.

Perfect Saturday. Good beer buzz going most of the day. Good company. Good laughs. And the gopher dance. What more could I want for?

Then today, Sunday, was a great hike through Pumphouse Wash. Lot of butterflies, lizards and two really cool toads. A nap in the sun on a large chimney rock with a tree growing out of it. Warm weather, cool breeze.

And for upcoming dinner? Steak on the grill, potatoes, cucumber salad and of course, beets. Even better, Boyfriend is cooking this while I work on my final for my class (meaning it will be over soon) and drink a nice unfiltered apricot hefeweizen.

Sometimes you are at stress level 10 and ready to throw in the towel and a magic weekend like this comes along to make it all better. I am reborn, upcoming work week. Bring it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulousness at best. There are times when I REALLY wish I still lived there. I think this is going to require me to mill around Old Town in a similar fashion. We have no creperie but we have the Rusty Spur.